Seeking a Medical Officer in Charge (MOI) for Kashambya Hospital, a 30-bed hospital slated to open in late August of 2021 in the village of Gera, in Bokoba, Tanzania. Healthcare services provided by the hospital will focus on maternal child health, internal medicine, and life saving surgery. Opportunity to travel abroad and enhance learning skills.
Dr. Mary Banda, a US physician who was born in Tanzania, has dedicated two decades to offering bi-annual trips to provide healthcare. Her dream, now becoming a reality, is to offer a sustainable healthcare solution to the community and to ultimately be a catalyst toward increased prosperity in the surrounding villages.
Medical Officer in Charge (MOI) will lead the hospital day–to–day operations and partner with Dr. Banda on strategic matters. Dr. Banda ‘s vision includes offering a patient experience, which focuses on wellness education and treats every patient with dignity and respect.
We are looking for highly organized candidates with experience in both medical and management roles. A Medical Officer in Charge (MOI) is responsible for managing hospital budgets, recruiting and training healthcare staff, ensuring that all staff adhere to safety standards, and delivering the highest quality of medical care.
A Medical Officer in Charge (MOI) is expected to act as a mentor to their physicians and medical staff, requiring good leadership qualities, patience, and confidence. A Chief Medical Officer will assume responsibility for the faults of their subordinates.
Chief Medical Officer Responsibilities:
• Balancing the duties of a physician with that of an administrator.
• Ensuring that patients receive the highest standard of medical care.
• Being responsible for the performance of physicians under your supervision.
• Ensuring that all healthcare regulations and safety standards are met.
• Keeping staff updated on new healthcare regulations.
• Finding ways to improve clinical services.
• Liaising between the administration and medical staff.
• Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer or Board of Directors.
• Recruiting and mentoring physicians.
• Developing and managing a hospital budget.
Chief Medical Officer Requirements:
• Medical degree.
• Master of Health Administration (MHA) or Master of Business Administration (MBA) advantageous.
• Valid medical license.
• 2+ years clinical experience and management experience desirable
• Clinical risk management experience.
• Good organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.